So I picked up some polystyrene spheres, a roll of willow twigs and cloth from a cheap hardware store and set to it! I cut the bottom of the spheres and made a door from a scrap of cardboard and greenstuff on one side. The cloth was roughly cut to shape and glued over it.
The base for each part is just a bit of hardboard off the back of an old wardrobe. I removed a few sticks from the roll of willow twigs ( which I think is intended for edging a lawn or flowerbed, its just hundreds of sticks about 8" long held together with a bit of twisted wire.) and cut them down to 2-3" lengths and glued them into a rough fence. I did a smaller one for a separate Kraal. The bases were textured and the whole lot spray painted brown. Each component was then highlighted up with layers of drybrushing. And then flocked.
Need to find a few civvies and cattle, but otherwise all done. Not the most accurate depiction of a Zulu village ever but I'm happy with it. Total time to build; about 5 hours. Total cost- well under £5!
Thanks for reading!